Dec 22, 2011

Chase's Testimony.

This is the testimony of my best friend Chase and how he came to know the Book of Mormon was true.

"I was in my senior year in high school and I had never read the Book of Mormon. It never even occurred to me before that I didn't have my own personal testimony about the church and the scriptures. That year in seminary I had a great seminary teacher, Brother Montoya, in all honesty he is the only seminary teacher I truly connected with. One day he gave this lesson that hit me on such an emotional and spiritual level. It was one of those moments that you get chills because the spirit is so strong. In his lesson he talked about how President Hinckley was urging everyone to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it and how you yourself could obtain your own personal testimony of its truths and teachings. During this lesson it came to me that I had passed up so many opportunities to read the Book of Mormon, and I made a promise to myself that I was going to read it.


So my journey began, and I started reading the Book of Mormon. I kept thinking to myself that I just didn't feel that I was getting the full meaning and power behind what I was reading. But then I knew what I was missing- prayer!  I prayed asking to feel that what I was reading was true and that the spirit would help me understand everything. When I did that a whole new view and understanding was opened to me, and it was amazing. Up to that point in my life, I had never felt the spirit hit me that strongly. As I read I learned so much and I knew, thanks to my Heavenly Father and the Holy Ghost, that what I was reading was true.
Chase and I!
It took my about a year to finish it my first time because I really wanted to take my time, and make sure I wasn't missing anything. But still to this day, and for the rest of my life, I know that I can turn to the scriptures for answers to any questions I may have. It never ceases to amaze me that I could have a question or be struggling with something, and that day I could open my scriptures and find the answer I was looking for. The Book of Mormon is a true testament of Jesus Christ. I am eternally grateful that I have this book of answers and knowledge and teachings in my life. The Book of Mormon has helped my testimony grow so much and I know this book is true. I don't know what I would do without it in my life, but I never have to. The Book of Mormon will always have such a strong presence in my life. I love this book. I suggest to anyone who hasn't read it- Do! You do not know what you're missing. The Book of Mormon is here for us- for our benefit and it will and can help you the way it has helped me."

If you would like to request of free copy of the Book of Mormon to read it for yourself, click here! http://mormon.org/free-book-of-mormon/

No comments:

Post a Comment