Oct 17, 2011

Until We Meet Again- My Dad's Testimony.

I have asked my Dad to share his testimony about how the knowledge of the Gospel of Jesus Christ helped him when he lost his Dad.

My Grandpa Rupp had pancreatic cancer, and his battle with it was very short- about 6 months. It was a hard thing to watch him go through because he was very sick. It was very hard for me to lose him too. I was close to my Grandpa, but like my Dad, I know that he still lives! I know that he is not really gone! I know that I will see him again! That will be a great day!!

Grandpa and Grandma Rupp

My Dad said,

"Losing my Dad was one of the hardest things I have ever went through. For several weeks after he died, I missed him very much.  The pain was almost overwhelming at times.  I think the thing that brought me the most peace was realizing that he is not really gone.  I know he still lives, even though I can't see him or be with him.  I feel like he is very much a part of my life, even now.  I believe that is one of the tender mercies of our Heavenly Father in that He has allowed my Dad to be a part of my life even after he is gone.  I know that I will see him again.  I can't wait for that day so I can give him a big hug."

Grandpa loved his ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment